Fallen

posted on: October 29, 2013


If you follow me on Instagram, you know.

I love fall. I've always loved fall, for as long as I can remember. But I like to call it autumn. The long way. In a world of abbreviated words and 54-minute hours, I just like to take the long way. 

To me, fall is the most beautiful pause. A holding of breath. It's brief, but speaking of long, it's always longer than I remember. Most likely because I expect to wake every morning to brown, bare branches. The burning treetops never last long enough. But I suppose that's the point. Before the snow and chill blow through the world and forcefully settle us all, there is a time when the earth gives us all she has.

Everything. Fall is everything to me.

I pull to the side of the road to capture the luminously orange tree. I bring pumpkins to people I love (instead of roses or candy). I drink tea and light fires and read more books.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

5 thought{s}:

  1. this is beautiful. it deserves to be published and printed and framed somewhere. maybe i just feel that way because your feelings and love of fall mirror my feelings and love of fall. either way, this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine living somewhere as stunning as this and not being late every day because I have stopped to stare at all the wonderful colours on show everywhere. I love autumn for much of the same reasons you do. One of my favourite quotes says "Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile." and I can't get over how much I love that it's described as a smile, it seems so fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are absolutely beautiful! Really wishing we had Fall weather like this down in Florida!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are amazing. i wish fall would stick around longer in utah... it always ends way too quickly. ps missing your blog, please update soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you be so good at writing AND photography? I'm jealous - I'll say it. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger