Full

posted on: September 30, 2013


Oh you guys. Early fall is my jam.

I've been especially thoughtful and introspective today--so much so that when I've tried to speak, all the words arrive jumbled and unclear. I'm really impressing my coworkers, I'll tell you what. :)

I'm not sure I'll put myself through the same humiliation here. (For me, it's always hardest to express the most vivid thoughts and feelings. Is it the same for you?) But I will say that I'm feeling so full today. FULL is a word I've resorted to over and over on this blog, because somehow HAPPY and CONTENT and THANKFUL just don't do the trick. Today, I am full. I am blessed to know what I know, I am blessed to have what I have. I could burst with the goodness I've been given--the people, the thoughts, the feasts, the faith. And skies. And trees.

And hope. Hope most of all.

Because though I am thankful for the things I have today, I have such plans. Most of them embarrass me; they're so far flung and gosh darn big. But they are mine and they are real and they are heavy. I'm happy to carry them--I'll carry them until the seasons stop changing.

I pray they never stop changing.


3 thought{s}:

  1. I needed to read this today. Goodness knows I did. I've been feeling not-so-full and October 1st feels like a good day to snap out of it. This writing helps too...

    Love you big time!

    -k

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo and these words are beautiful! FULL. I love this.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger