The Disneylanders

posted on: August 23, 2013

     
Somehow my sister and I conned our parents into an end-of-summer Disneyland extravaganza. I don't think I've ever spent four full days at the Land--but we made sure to do it right. Magic hours, cross-park power walks, leisurely lunches, extra time in New Orleans Square, afternoon poolside naps, daily Dole Whips/caramel apples/Gibson Girl cones/Mickey Premium bars, classic photo opps, fireworks from the Plaza Inn, my very own pair of Mickey ears, etc. It's just the most crowded, commercial, magical, magical, magical place in the world. Truly, the happiest. As we made an exhausted last round of the classics on our last chilly morning, I thought of all the moments with my family and friends that live down every street, on every ride, in every gift store. I sure do love that place.

And so, a million photos that mean more to me than they should. Disneyland now, California Adventure later. 

4 thought{s}:

  1. Isn't is strange how such a commercialized, over-priced plcae is actually the best place on the whole planet and somehow all your worries fly away? It really is magical and your pictures capture it! I'm glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading your blog while I was on the phone with my mom, and have her nearly convinced that we need to book a vacation to Disneyland within the next month. I love your pictures and the way you described it. Such a magical place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite literally just left disneyland (sitting in the airport waiting for my flight home as I read this)!! Oh how I already long to be back - and I was just there yesterday. You captured disney with soooo many good pics!! Also, I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of magic hour - a crowd free castle pic is all I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys know how to do it right! Now I want to go. We had season passes when I was little, and I haven't been since! Can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger