doodle

posted on: May 8, 2013

I feel so lucky that I get to work with incredibly talented designers all day--it's one of my favorite parts of my job. Just in the last four months, the new styles and ideas that I've been exposed to are changing my tastes and inspiring me in a million different ways.

This morning, I ran into the Google doodle celebrating the work of graphic designer Saul Bass, and I had to share. His aesthetic is everything that I feel pulled towards in art and design--streamlined, colorful, graphic, and a little whimsical.

Check it. I especially love the references to West Side Story and Psycho.

2 thought{s}:

  1. wow. very cool. my dad used to say to me after a piano recital how amazing he thought it was that people can look at a page of musical notes and know what to do with their fingers. that's how I feel after watching something like that. I don't speak that language, but I gawk at the aesthetic it produces.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger