croissants, mountains, paint

posted on: April 22, 2013

I stopped at Eva's after work on Friday with my best friend Stacey (we happen to work for the same company--have I told you that story?). We got one of practically everything and we took little bites around and around and ranked everything. The Pistachio Snail, you guys. We tucked our bready leftovers into paper sacks for later (it wasn't much later), and found some shoes that were on sale.On Saturday, I awoke extra early and drove up the canyon. I spent the day with a whole lot of teenagers from church while they did some fun three-legged race things and also some learning and growing things. I'll tell you what, after a year of hard church feelings (I haven't told that story either, have I?), that moment, being with all those kids and their belief, it felt like the softest spot. Like the softest, sweetest spot of mercy, all for me.After that, I ran to meet more best friends for another birthday celebration (Melissa this time). We painted plates and bowls. I was a ball of anxiety about it (sugar cookie decorating and Easter egg dying, but permanent!), but I finally just painted something simple and blue on my pasta bowl, and called it a night. We'll see how it turns out, but I remembered that I love being creative with my hands. That I still want to take that painting class.

I never used to do weekend recaps. And now I do. And I'll tell you why:It does a body a world of good to be thankful.
 

5 thought{s}:

  1. Such a good weekend.
    #1 I love your pants and all of you girls look great.
    #2 Let's talk about that picture of you with the bowl. same thing 5 (?) years ago in Lib square.
    #3 Stop being friends with people without me. I'm moving to SLC. geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful weekend.
    and those pastries look to die for delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell me these aren't all just iphone pictures... I feel like I'm looking at a magazine when I read your blog! What kind of camera do you use?? And your weekend sounds like perfection. I've wanted to try Eva's for a long time! It looks soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so gorgeous! Loving the first photo.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger