the most important things (off switch magazine)

posted on: September 20, 2012


We should all go back to school in the fall. We should pull on thick tan sweaters with suede elbow patches and we should pack books, inky pens, sandwiches, rulers, and everything we are into backpacks. I know I don't need to tell you how much I love school, but here I am , practically screaming BOUQUETS OF SHARPENED PENCILS at you.

And so, I really loved writing about one of my favorite teachers and the things I learned from her for Volume Four of Off Switch Magazine. My story is below if you'd like to read it (click on images to enlarge and read).

Working with Katie on a few pieces for the last couple issues of the magazine has been a dream--she is encouraging, patient, and a fabulous editor-in-chief. Each volume of Off Switch is filled with inspiring stories and images, and I can't wait to dig into this new issue myself. I'm really proud to be included in these wonderful collections of art and wisdom. If you're interested in picking up a copy of the magazine for yourself (and you are!), please check it out here.






Also, if you're interested, my poetry is featured in Vol. 2 (33, 65-70, back cover) and my essay about summer is included in Vol. 3 (47-54).

6 thought{s}:

  1. so excited for you to be featured in off switch! i will most definitely be getting myself a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this! It's sooo awesome! I'm so proud of you! Also, I might need to talk to you about doing a little interview for an alumni feature we are doing for the College of Humanities! I'll text you. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this! It's sooo awesome! I'm so proud of you! Also, I might need to talk to you about doing a little interview for an alumni feature we are doing for the College of Humanities! I'll text you. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm speechless. every time i come here, i'm speechless. your words are amazing. you're a writer. there is no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um...hello you write for magazines?!?! i need to get your autograph. don't forget us little people when you make it to the big time ;)

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger