a weekend away

posted on: August 14, 2012


I recently spent a wonderful weekend with best friends in the mountains. It's true what Gwyneth Paltrow said--you can't make new old friends. I love my old friends. They know me like no one else, and I love that I feel just like myself around them. We shopped, ate Oreos and Mexican food, and slept on the floor. After a late, late night and a few hours of sleep, I awoke on Saturday morning and sat outside on a footbridge, wrapped in a fleecy blanket. The sun was warm on my back. The stream gurgled beneath. Life was quiet and slow, in the best way.



3 thought{s}:

  1. This sounds like perfection to me. That last sentence made me even more ready for a vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so dreamy. i love little getaways.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger