what I saw

posted on: April 6, 2012


Yesterday, I drove down a street that I've never driven down before; I knew where it lead, so I was not lost. There was a place where the road curved just slightly to the left to allow for two shockingly wide, tall trees to crown the resting yellow and blue houses beneath. A few humorously small white blossoms had bloomed, but the cragged branches were mostly bare--balding. That curve with the houses and the trees, it seemed other-worldly. No no, just other-placely perhaps.

But I don't even know if it all really was that beautiful, or if I was just looking for it to be.




photo via

4 thought{s}:

  1. brittany, i love your blog. you're adorable. hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can make a lot of things beautiful to us. In fact, most things that are beautiful are a little too much. I prefer my beauty to be conscious, just like you made yours. Such a lovely thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderfully written and well thought out. I've never thought of what I see as beautiful, as being beautiful perhaps because I've made it that way, or even chosen it to be that way. Love the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that--I don't even know if it all really was beautiful, or if I was just looking for it to be. I know that feeling of awe but not necessarily at the thing itself but the way I am in that moment lets me see it new, different. I sometimes wonder though if it's possible to see that way more often. Like a special pair of glasses or something.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger