the king's english

posted on: February 24, 2012



After picking up and putting down novels, poetry collections, and greeting cards for an hour or so, Liz and I left The King's English bookshop. We walked to the car in the rain and drove down the dark streets to get some hot chocolate--extra hot to warm our bones (and to spill down the front of our shirts). We parted ways, and I sat at a stop sign. There were no waiting cars in front or behind, no cars crossing my path--I stared up the streets with the lightposts wrapped in twinkle lights. I drove around the blocks on the hills for a few minutes, and determined to live in Sugar House one day. I want to live next to that bookshop and the Italian food specialty store and the French bistro that was all hazy pink and red inside.

What I'm saying is that I had a really wonderful time with a really wonderful friend in a really wonderful place. I'm saying that should you ever find yourself in Salt Lake City, you should look at the books and the lightposts. It'll be well worth your time.

8 thought{s}:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful night. I love sugar house :) So quaint. I just loved the warmth of this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved Sugar House, and I can't believe I do not even know where this book store is. It made me feel comfy and cozy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love that you love the Salt Lake City area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love discovering little bookshops and getting lost in them for hours. There's just something so magical about the whole thing :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. o fun. i love sugarhouse. and book stores. and hot chocolate. and you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to little bookshops. They remind me of "Shop Around the Corner" from You've Got Mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. We must do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bookstores. There is nothing so comfortable, and warm, and exciting as a bookstore. My friend Brad used to live down the street from the Kings English and we would venture there from time to time and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger