let's bring back...

posted on: December 15, 2011

In 2007, Leslie M. M. Blume started a column called "Let's Bring Back" that celebrated, in her words, "forgotten-yet-delightful fashions, pastimes, objects, and personalities." She released a book based on her hundreds of articles just last month (which I can't wait to get my hands on) and inspired me to make my own short list of things that I think should make a comeback. 



1. Balloons at any and all celebrations. photo
2. Carrying a pen to write when inspiration strikes. photo
3. Saving pretty packaging. photo
4. Signature scents. photo
5. Going to the ballet. photo


What do you think? What should make a comeback?

5 thought{s}:

  1. Writing letters and notes. Texts and emails are easier, but wouldn't a hand-written note be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Melissa's comment; let's bring back handwritten notes! I'd also vote to bring back using pretty dishes and napkins for everyday dining. It prevents you from having to buy dozens upon dozens of paper products, plus they're just pretty: They'd make every day feel like a special occasion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd like to go to J.Crew now just for those bags.

    And if I could bring anything back, it would probably be dancing, just like they do in the old love movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ballet photo!! I am going to print it and put it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything... but you know I'm a sucker for ballets ;)

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger