same old

posted on: November 8, 2011


If you didn't know, I'm actually pretty good at making the smallest things the biggest thing:

I can't even tell you how many times I've eaten a grilled chicken salad at Cafe Rio. My friends and I, we pick up food to nosh on in front of our favorite (trivial) television. We take it to parks and to living rooms and sit in big circles, pinching off bits of tortilla and prattling with black beans in our molars. We huddle around the small painted tables and talk about graduating from the life that put us all here together. And we go, just two of us sometimes, to make bigger friendship over guacamole. We take pictures all inside and outside of this place; I can't even tell you how many pictures I have of myself at Cafe Rio.

These--well they're just some of my favorites.

5 thought{s}:

  1. I know. We go there at least once a week, and some of my favorite memories are there too. It is the one thing I crave when I'm not in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But seriously... there is nothing better than good friends and Cafe rio. So glad we got to do this! Let's make it a monthly habit please? Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i just love you to death! Cafe Rio is seriously a place of love haha! We'll do it again soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ladies!! Oh how I miss you and wish I could have been there! Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful. I think Cafe West is my Cafe Rio and honestly, it makes me smile just thinking about it. I love reading when you write because it just makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger