the weather, and the morning

posted on: October 12, 2011


So I'm here today. I'm here today because this morning was soft and quiet at 7:28 a.m. The world was midnight, and I a voyeur of morning. The full moon still clung high to the pink sky and it shone so brightly on the blue mountains. It looked so big--of course the moon is big, but it seemed so much bigger than the mountains this morning.

The morning was beautiful.
This fall, it's been beautiful.

I've been thinking about the world and about its weather. When strangers or acquaintances or even friends have nothing to say, they talk about precipitation and about sky. How 'bout that rain? So did you see the moon this morning? We talk about these things as if they were the most mundane of topics--the weakest of conversation. Small strands that barely tie all of us together.

Small strands that cradle us all. Small strands that change what we wear, how we feel. The rain can be right.

It can set me right.







Admittedly, my friend Laura and I have been on the same wavelength. Read her ode to the big small things.

4 thought{s}:

  1. I love this. Miss ya, Brittanyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can say so much with so few words. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this Britney. I feel like it's been so long! I want to know more about your life and working up in Salt Lake. It sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger