Utah Shakespeare Festival

posted on: July 7, 2011

One night of our St. George getaway was spent in Cedar City--we drove up to finally jump on the Utah Shakespeare Festival bandwagon (they've been festival-ing over there since 1961). We had no idea that this little Utah Globe replica was so renown and had such a religious following--but I'm starting to understand why. The little Shakespearean grove they've created is completely magical and opening night of A Midsummer Night's Dream blew me away. 

I was surprised by the rawness and honesty of the live performance. It was so evident that great theater and literature have seeped into the community and into the lives of the actors, producers, costume designers, and audience members who have been celebrating art for fifty years. I was inspired and I'm totally hooked.




4 thought{s}:

  1. This looks like so much fun! (Although I have to admit, when my dad suggested the idea a few years ago when I was in high school, I said no way jose haha) And your pictures below are darling. Love the hat. I will always be envious of how cute you look in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so fun. i regret that we never made it to the real one in london but st george is achievable

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have always wanted to go to this. it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger