rumbled and dies

posted on: June 8, 2011



































I was typing a paper and I tried to tell a friend on speakerphone about some close future things and about some future things that are seeming farther away.

And I reached to touch the cold wall above my head, letting my inside arm rest on flaking face skin. The side of my small living space trembled under my light finger pads, trembled from the passing trucks on the street just outside. I listened to the small bit of air I allowed in through the summer screen and I watched the faraway lights from the side of my soul. My eyes danced in their sockets and my left fingers died there on the keys of A, S, D, F, spacebar.

Would you have it any other way? the glowing phone crackled.

Ah gosh, would I.

6 thought{s}:

  1. this was different before? me gusta it either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous space! I was just browsing your blog and I really love the way you write! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture what you say and the way you say it and I love it.

    And it was so fun running into you. I saw a hat similar to yours at The GAP a few days ago and tried it on - I even thought about purchasing it - but after seeing how cute you were wearing something similar, I realized I could not pull it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's on my wish list for a house or condo to have a window seat/reading nook like that. *love*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and thanks for playing along- I'm glad to know you a little better now (: You are an amazing writer! Gooooodness! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um hi. I love your blog. It is beautiful. And you are adorable. I just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger