for summer's sake

posted on: June 24, 2011


I'm becoming the worst blogger ever. But it's all in the name of open windows, bright sunsets, live music, long dinners, floral skirts, and inspiring reads (I really am talking about July's Vogue). I'm learning to rest again. I've traded in my laptop for a thick canvas bag full of notebooks and pens and novels I've never gotten to. I'm writing things down. I'm making all of these things permanent and real so that they will be when they're not anymore. I'll start using my camera again soon.

I'll regret these slow and sweet habits when September comes with its very real obligations. But I won't. 

Happy weekend, kids.


5 thought{s}:

  1. What are your plans this fall anyway? Are you going to be staying or leaving??

    And is it just me, or did it really just start feeling like summer this past week? I would live outdoors for the next two months if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those toms and that last pretty picture! Yey for iphones. I found you via Annie at Turning Pages and just wanted to say hello. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy to find your lovely blog. your summer plans are so inspiring. i, too, hope to slow down, savor the sunshine and read real books. at least until august, when those books become textbooks:( have a beautiful, blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happens in September? Your internship? What are you doing until then?

    Your summer sounds pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger