one year ago

posted on: June 20, 2011


It's been a year since I studied abroad in England and France. I really can't believe that it's been so long, mostly because I think of my experiences there so often. I've hung pictures all over my walls of last summer, pictures of the places and people I met and fell in love with. Sometimes I really do feel sick that I'm not still there--I can't believe I'm not exploring cities, seeing shows, eating new food, hiking in mist, and waiting for the tube. I can't believe that I really did get on that airplane to come back to real life (which, to be fair, is also a bit of a dream sometimes).

As I've finished up school, I've been wanting new places and things so much. I'm ready to travel again (always, really). And I have a few little trips planned this summer, but I've decided to spend my entire summer traveling, even when I'm just at home in Utah. I'm going to live like a tourist. I'm compiling a little list of all the museums, fairs, shops, restaurants, national parks, etc. right at home that I've never seen. I'm going to do it all. By the end of the summer, I'll feel about Utah like I do about London and Paris.

It's going to be a fabulous summer.



(But of course I wouldn't mind winning this insane Paris giveaway from Oh Happy Day. Today is the last day to enter!)

9 thought{s}:

  1. Was it only a year ago? It seems longer to me. Lets have lots of adventures this summer k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously miss it everyday. I cannot believe it was only a year ago. it feels like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite place of England: Chatsworth House. I about died when I saw those pictures because I seriously cried when we pulled up to the house on our trip last year. Oh, Darcy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you got to travel! I've been to Paris only once, but thought it was magical! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am seriously sick that i am not in london too! I miss it sooo much! My roommate is there at wimbledon right now, and i am ridiculously jealous of her!

    love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a similar idea to soak in provo and have all the adventures here. It's the best way to live, i think - to have adventures all the time. i hope you're already having the best summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this idea a lot. i am constantly telling myself that i have done all there is to do in utah... but this reminds me that i haven't. and that i have two weeks of adventures left to go on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok how did I just now see this? I seriously almost cried. I look at our pictures from London every week, no joke. Miss and love you Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gees, I miss my girls and the good times we had!!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger