A new season to mull with

posted on: May 13, 2011

I've been thinking about summer.
Not so much about salty air and carpet warmed by sun,
but about what what this one will be for this girl.
For me, I mean. Excuse me, third person is the most easy after lunch.

I'd like it to be the last of something--a conclusion to some part of some life of mine.
But mainly, I'd like to create a genesis of sorts.
I'll start that overall healthiness my body and spirit writhe for.
I'll say what I want to--
the things I think will need to be more considered.

I'll rewatch every season of The Gilmore Girls,
I'll dance at weddings, scream at fireworks,
and sing along to shows, sonnets, and sleeps.
I'll abandon my dripping striped laundry to genuinely do, something. 
I'd like to dilute the venoms of silence and noise.

Firm assurance will be given, along with stubborn caution, to the wind.
New people will become old people.

And I don't want any of it to be small. 


6 thought{s}:

  1. This is the best thing I've read all day. Great, great, poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing seriously makes my day. I just love you! Let's reunite when I get back up to Provo! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best line: And I don't want any of it to be small. Absolutely love this post and your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Way to capture an emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Brit. You have so much greatness inside of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love! this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger