ending up

posted on: April 18, 2011


I just feel like I'm gushing all of the time. In fact I know I am--I just gushed about pistachio frozen yogurt yesterday. I gush about nostalgic grilled cheese lunches. I gush about smallish tornados at the park and about Sunday chats with my aunt and uncle. I gush about everybody's new everythings.

Don't be mad--I'm gushing again. You'll see it in a second.

Here's the thing. I thought I'd care so much more when I found three errors in the final printout of a majorly serious portfolio. But I handed it to my professor and she smiled and she told me how much she's enjoyed having me in class. And I said, hey I feel the same about you. We chatted about grad school maybes and about her summer plans. I left her office, thinking about the three errors. And thinking of all of the errors and mistakes that are mine. So many, you know? But I'd claim them all again, just to make sure that I'd get the same unmistakes--the people, the classes, the small spaces, the BYU, the ahas, the growth.

I'd do it all again.
Gush gush gush.



(photo: Nik and me at Laura's shower--also gush-worthy.)

5 thought{s}:

  1. it's funny how those mistakes sometimes are just the price you pay. it's funny even when you look over something a million times there can still be mistakes. i'm glad you enjoyed your time at byu. that's a really good thing.
    what's next? grad school? where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty! I just love you and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look oh so pretty and i love it when you gush anyway. makes me feel like we're kindred spirits. oh wait... we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang girl, just lovely. i love hearing you gush so keep doin it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, are you graduating? what's next for you?

    whatever it is, i hope you'll keep writing (or perhaps gushing? heh!) about it here. i will keep coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger