rich

posted on: March 26, 2011



































I am graduating from a university in a few months.
I should be feeling worried and apprehensive and scared.
I should be distracted by my future--


I feel full, and rich. And very present.

I am profoundly feeling the professors that have taught me how to be and the greatness of my classmates-turned-kindred-spirits. I am profoundly feeling my friends who listen so hard and my friends who psueudo-sexy dance all night and my friends who force me to know what I require. I am feeling my lumpy mattress that I hate and I am feeling the wild, quiet support of my family.

Knowing that this life, the one that I have, is mine and that these things will always be mine--well, the joy of it all crushes me. I cannot stand it. 


4 thought{s}:

  1. So much gratitude. I love this, and felt similar when I graduated. It is a fulfilling thing, really an amazing and understated accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Graduating!
    Ha, I'm still scared of the 'whole turning 18 thing'. I wonder where in life I would be when I graduate to the next chapter.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and my friends who force me to know what I require" -- i love that, and all too easily relate. happy graduation (in the next few months) brit! i'm excited to see and follow all the exciting opportunities that you'll have in the next few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the joy of it all crushes me"

    Oh my heart leapt when I read this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger