magic

posted on: March 16, 2011

I am a defender of magic.

I believe in magenta sunsets and dew on new blades of grass.
I believe that youth is powerful and birthdays are for ordinary royalty.
I believe in loud laughter and in the joy that we create for ourselves.
I believe in people who are refined and poised.
I believe in sequins and in shining moments of summer.
I believe in understanding the abilities of human beings.
I believe in healing and in growing taller and swelling bigger.
I believe in hope and in the dreams we barely let ourselves dream.
I believe that things will be as they should.

I am a defender of magic--a very real kind of magic.



image

8 thought{s}:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I feel like I just say this about every single thing you write, but I don't care, because it's always true. Thanks for making my Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a way with words, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i be a defender of magic with you? i've never thought of it in that way - but i think that is beautiful. and i love that the image is from disney! pretty sure i go to disneyland.com allll the time just to hear the background music and imagine my next dream vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture is wonderfully perfect. and your words are magical. They make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so amazing. are we going to get together already or what my love>!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful, britt. I love your writing, always! That's why it's so hard to edit in class :) You have such a magical way with words...Can i be a defender of magic with you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too. And that photo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is great!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger