my 2010

posted on: January 3, 2011

Twenty-ten started quietly, but it turned out to be a wonderful, filling year. I learned so much about myself, about others, and about the world.  I made fantastic new friends and learned to treasure the ones I already have.  I traveled a lot, but realized how much I love home.  I recognized the goodness around me and the goodness inside of me.  I wrote more, ate more, laughed more, thought more, and jumped more.

In January, I decided to learn to play the guitar and spontaneously signed up for (and finished!) a semester-long class.  My love for sweets intensified when I made the best coconut cupcakes.  I also wrote my very first honesty list, and went to Park City every weekend.


In February, my roommate/BFF Bod and I ate cupcakes for breakfast. I also found out I was going to spend my summer in London.  I celebrated Valentine's Day (even without a man) and discovered what I am passionate about and what I want to do.


In March, I went to Ogden with my mother and sister and I grew up a bit more.  I spent a day with Gretchen shopping for dresses and falling in love with blooming spring.  At the end of the month, I attended a beautiful black and white birthday party, where we played musical chairs and pretended like we were adults.


In April, I meticulously dyed pretty Easter eggs and learned to be by myself and love it.  I also flew to Florida to spend Spring Break eating frozen Mickeys and floating in a tropical lazy river with my family.


In May, I hesitantly turned twenty-one.  But the week long celebrations (including mocktails at Spark), made me so excited for the start of my twenty-first year.


In June, I ate a lot of frozen yogurt and hiked Ensign Peak in a skirt with Bod and Jocelyn.  I also wrote a haiku (and they became my favorite).  At the very end of the month and after an endless flight, I finally landed in London!




In July, I got to know my new city.  I made new (beautiful) friends, climbed St. Paul's, visited Oxford, rode in a coach for hours and hours, fell in love with England, and spent some time in Paris and the French countryside.


In August, I visited the Queen and had tea twice, loved the North of England more than I imagined I would, danced on the London Bridge before finding Diagon Alley (among other final adventures), and flew home to America.


In September, I came back to school and while looking at photos from my northern England trip, I established my new mantra.  I also and traveled to Jackson Hole for a long weekend of campfires and singing with old friends.

In October, I ate a bagel and realized I am just as cool as Lauren Conrad.  I also fell in love with the rainheard Ingrid sing, and kept moving.

In November, my best friends got married, I discovered my food philosophy, and I said some goodbye to two of my favorite friends.


In December, I felt a little glamorous and visited SLC  with Aly and Stace.  After finishing up school for the semester, I took a much-needed break and celebrated Christmas with my little family and went to the ballet with my best friends.



The new year is just what I need.  Bon-jour, twenty-eleven. 

my 2009

9 thought{s}:

  1. I love this post! I love that you spontaneously signed up to learn guitar, I love what you want to do with the rest of your life (I think it is completely admirable and so so needed...) and I espcially loved reading about London! So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this post, brittany! your 2010 looks like it was a great year. happy new year 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks like you had an AMAZING year. I hope 2011 treats you just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post!!!! I love your photos and especially the ones from your trip ... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! And I am so glad I could pseudo-experience your year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. o man time flies. i still can't believe you were in a different country this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry but you are NOT as cool as lauren conrad. Try again this year.

    She started the braid you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great year. I can't believe it is already over... cheers to 2011! (ps- you look fabulous in your photos.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are all stunning, just like you. I'm happy you had such a wonderful and fulfilling year :) You're beautiful

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger