friends at night

posted on: January 28, 2011



After writing an ambiguous paper and cramming for a test, I needed a mega-break last night. Melissa and Gretchen and I headed to The Riverwoods to shop at our favorite boutique. After admiring springtime blouses and perfect jewelry, we wandered into Blickenstaff's--it's a toy store, kids. The best toy store. They sell pretty glass bottle sodas and retro candies. And the Hogwarts Express, princess mosaics, and a $1,600 tailless rocking horse. Clearly we found our happy place (see photos).

Eventually, we ended up at a bookstore, sharing a caramel apple, criticizing critiquing celebrity style, and designing our wedding dresses. We laughed and whispered loudly, totally annoying all the serious bookish types I'm sure--but we didn't care all that much.

Because a little bit of happy never hurt anyone.

10 thought{s}:

  1. SUCH a good night. And you can call it criticizing. I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha o family. love you! that was mega fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's it. I demand to be invited next time. done and done. ps let's hang out tonight/tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun- your top is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun night!
    Have a great weekend, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little bit of happiness for me because I get to meet you in real life tomorrow! Haha.
    What a fun night. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds like a delightful and successful excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never been to Blickenstaff's. It looks fun!

    Were these photos taken with Shakeit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. a little bit of happy never hurt anyone. well said my darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't stand ambiguous papers. I'm glad you powered through it.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger