at Velour

posted on: January 24, 2011


On Friday night I met up with my friends Taylor and Brighton in downtown Provo to see Allred and Benton Paul perform. I'd been to a couple open-mic nights at Velour before, and I really love how intimate the shows are--Benton sang his last song sitting in the middle of the crowd with his guitar while everyone sang along.

To be honest I wasn't feeling terribly social on Friday, but I ended up being so grateful for happy and heartfelt music. And for the friends I leaned against brick walls with and for the ones I laughed with.

7 thought{s}:

  1. oh my gosh... i cant believe i missed that! i didnt even know about it! i LOVE allred and benton and i LOVE them together! dang.... it sounds like it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending time with friends when you feel like nothing else is going right at the moment is the best cure. Sounds like the perfect night...you needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how cute you are with your up-do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fun! I'm always that way about social type things (not in the mood) but I just force myself to go and I end up having the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a bun goddess!!! looks like you girls had fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I heard about Benton Paul coming and like a dumb dumb girl I had to write a paper instead. I'm so jealous. I love Velour though, have you ever been to a Jazz night there? They are so so fun!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Allred. My husband plays a Velour every once in a blue moon, I love the atmosphere in there.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger