hummingbird bakery

posted on: December 10, 2010

When I was in London this summer, my friends and I stumbled across The Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road.  We were immediately enchanted by the buzzing little shop.  Though everyone encouraged us to try the red velvet cupcakes, Laura and I went for the pumpkin (in July) whoopie pies, which were divine.  I've thought about the Hummingbird so many times since our visit.

Naturally, I was thrilled when I found their cookbook for sale.  I can't wait to get my own copy!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

6 thought{s}:

  1. pumpkin whoopie pies really do sound divine. i love little bakeries like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say that I feel like your writing is captivating. I love reading your blog. It makes me feel cultured and elegant.

    I was wondering where you live? Is it New York City? Not to be creepy... just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh that was so fun! Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I want to go to London someday. I'll look up the Hummingbird bakery while I'm there too.

    AND OKAY. When do you "go home" for the holidays? Can we do lunch this week sometime?! If not, in 2011 we are officially becoming real life friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this at Anthro and I was going to get it, but I decided to exercise some will power. That is so neat you were able to actually go to the bakery! London is my dream vacation. PS: You made my day with your comment on my blog. It sounds lame, but it was cool to know that a blogger as famous as you actually read something I wrote. Thanks and good luck this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little bakeries are my favorite! This one looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger