north of england

posted on: August 3, 2010




Chatsworth (Pemberly 2005).  Preston Temple.  Ambleside.  Cards on the dock.  Wordsworth moment at Dove Cottage.  Windy lake cruise.  I love the Lake District.  Roman walls.  Bede's World isn't a theme park.  Geometric Durham Cathedral.  York and hostel adventures.  The White Company and more shopping.  Perfect dinner at our regular, Nando's.  Fountains Abbey and beautiful grounds.  York Minster.  Six hour coach ride only improved by InStyle and Us Weekly.  A glorious return to my London.



[photos 2, 10, 12 by laura]

7 thought{s}:

  1. temple!
    that cemetery is beautiful. who knew you could put those 2 words in the same sentence. ha
    wonerful pics. wonderful brit.
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light in every single one of these pictures is amazing. Gives me chills. Especially the cemetary one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks incredible as always.When do you leave for the states? I'm sure it will be hard to say goodbye!

    PS. InStyle and Us Weekly = the greatest things invented since having to sit twice a week for two hours in physical therapy with my sister. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sure know how to do england right. i am missing preston and the lake district now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pictures are so beautiful!! I'm wishing really hard that I will wake up and find myself there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Nando's.

    And these photos are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've always wanted to go to North England. My husband says its gorgeous I've only been to London and further south.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger