an ideal bookshelf

posted on: April 16, 2010

I'm lately loving Jane Mount's Ideal Bookshelf collection.
Literary taste is so personal--each piece could be a portrait of some nebulous owner.
Read more about Jane and her art here.

Also, I am almost finished with school and I'll need some wonderful reads.
Any suggestions?

15 thought{s}:

  1. I love how she was talking about look at what people are reading instead of who! Because it is so true that it is a reflection of who they are! I get excited when I go to people's homes and they have a bookshelf out. I automatically go and look through it to see what books they read.

    truly tells a lot about a person. Glad I'm not the only one who think that, because I always expect people to peruse through my books and the never do! Maybe they just aren't as nosy as me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I don't know what you have read or not, but this summer I would *like* to read Lolita, Mere Christianity, the rest of Jane Austen, reread Gone with the Wind again, and uhhh I'll have to look at the mountain of books I've gotten and haven't had a chance to read.

    Oh yeah, for a fun read I'll probably read the Hunger Games

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame, but I've never read Pride & Prejudice, that's on my summer list of reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh a personalized one would be amazing. my bookshelf definitely says so much about me...you could take one glance and see into my soul haha =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that. If you haven't read Hunger Games you need to get on the Hunger Games train. But I also love my Good Poems books, and John Steinbeck's East of Eden. I am SO jealous you're going to London!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute ideal bookshelf!!

    eccentric glamour by simon doonan is one of my all time favorite reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know if you have any ideas - because I'm in need of some good summer reads, too.

    PS. London is coming soon, yes?!? Are you freaking out?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. umm so i really really love your blog. everything about it. just thought you should know,
    loves!
    britt

    ReplyDelete
  9. just so you know, i keep waiting for a post with your florida pics hint hint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oohh... i could give you plenty to fill your days. i saw "blue like jazz" in your collection. have you read it? also: "travelling mercies" by anne lamott, "the alchemist" (i can't remember who it's by), "the historian" by elizabeth kostova, and if you want something really edgy, try "the heroin diaries" by nikki sixx.

    ps. new follower!! can't wait to read more by YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cool illustration. i just got done with "the girl with the dragon tattoo" it was sooo good. have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summers are for rereading Gone With the Wind :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this.

    the help - what im reading now and its great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm searching for some new reads myself. One of my favorite things to do is hit a Barnes and Noble and wander around the Summer Reading tables. I've found some awesome books there that I missed when I was in high school. And I always enjoy some good children's books, especially after reading so many serious books for my classes all year.
    Just found your blog. It's lovely. I'm smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I stack books on shelves too! I am so behind on my reading thought that it's pitiful!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger