words

posted on: March 19, 2010


These are words about growing.
You may have written your own;
these are mine.

I want goodness.
My story would be one of goodness, I hope.

As I approach twenty-one, I am strong,
and surprised by where I feel and what I defend.
I am eager to assert, live, and create.

But I fear misstep, as before.
And before.

I hate to gamble hastily,
or wobble only on the edge of success.
I am young and have nowhere to fall.




Well then I must smash.

7 thought{s}:

  1. lovely words. a life of goodness. happy friday! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last line!

    You write so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful Brittany.
    Inside and out.
    I say smash.
    Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful words....just simply wonderful !....and believe me, at 45 I've realized it takes a long time to gamble with choices...but sometimes you just have to do it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really, really enjoyed this post... it was beautiful. i love your writing!

    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Emily, or Sylvia even. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger