on insides:

posted on: February 25, 2010


To fight aloud, is very brave--
But gallanter, I know
Who charge within the bosom
The Calvary of Woe--

Who win, and nations do not see--
Who fall--and none observe--
Whose dying eyes, no Country
Regards with patriot love--

We trust, in plumed procession
For such, the Angel go--
Rank after Rank, with even feet--
And Uniforms of Snow.

Emily Dickinson


7 thought{s}:

  1. I have always loved this poem. And I think it is because it has a lot of gospel truth. I would rather be with someone who is good, and kind than someone who is popular or clever.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic.

    i remember discovering emily dickinson when i was around 15 years old. it was like opening the gates of paradise.

    i don't pick favourites, but she is an extremely important figure in my life. what a lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great poem, I love Emily Dickinson. I'm also loving your blog so far, I stumbled upon it a few minutes ago and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love emily dickinson. thank you for reminding me of this poem. perfect for me today:)
    xo, juliette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read about twenty of your blogs. You're my new bed time story :).... Is that weird?

    I'm so glad we're blog friends now. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats such a nice poem.. Very "in the face".. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger