butter and bread

posted on: February 11, 2010


Everyone is talking about Valentine's Day. Fittingly.
And I've read so many beautiful poems and words about love.
They've touched me so much. I feel tight and brimming with all that beauty.

But, I'd like to add something. I recently rented Julie and Julia all for myself. I knew I'd love it because I just love food. But I never expected the love story between Julia and her dear husband Paul. They cared, so much. He said something to her, at their own little Valentine's party, that I think any girl would feel lucky to hear:

So there we were in China, just friends having dinner. And…and it turned out to be Julia. It turned out to be Julia all along. Julia, you are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life. I love you darling girl.

I rewatched that little scene 4 times.
Because I believe that is how love happens.



{p.s. for more, read my life in france. i love it so far.}

9 thought{s}:

  1. I have actually just watched Julie and Julia a couple days ago. And I loved it, too. I should try new recipes more often...not a big 365 project like Julie did...but maybe new food every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is so precious! i still haven't seen that movie, but i hear nothing but good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, i love you for posting this. ben and i just had a moment watching it and feeling nostalic for julia :) i love that movie. and i really want to read that book. i will put it on my summer-to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I choked up every time they mentioned her not having a child and he would comfort her...it's all about the kindness for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that part too.
    What a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that part too!
    Thank you so much!! Oh. I love snow but I wouldn't if we got it a lot.
    It's a nice little present every once in a while!

    LOVE that picture of Julia!
    (i love your blog too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i ADORE Julia Child!!
    I did a project on her, and fell in love!
    And when the movie came out, oh my oh my, it was DIVINE!
    And I adore that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that quote; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger