shaking and stuffy air

posted on: November 14, 2009

Remember the concert I went to? Well, I want to tell you about it because it changed me in a little way. He talked of really neat things. About being inspired, not envious. About living his dream and being brave and such. But he did more too. He didn't even need to say those neat things, because he said them just fine without saying them at all. I knew because of his easy laughs, his silly jokes, his curly hair, his beating heel, his closed eyes, his gritted teeth, his shaking torso, his decisive arms. I knew what he wanted to say, or what he didn't want to say at all. Maybe what he couldn't say. Regardless, he does what he loves. He does what he loves. He writes these things and shakes on his guitar because he couldn't live right if he didn't. He would do that even if I didn't pay my $33, I think. He wanted to say that he is happy. Not just happy enough, but happy happy happy.

That happy, that joy, that passion, it hung in the stuffy air at the Bluebird. I held it and squeezed it in my hands. I wanted to just yell at him, I know what you mean Joshua Radin, I know what that feels like to have grand things inside of you and shake and cry because you can't contain them.

I think it'd be brilliant if we lived that way. Like he did at that moment, when I saw him in Denver, singing like heavy breathing.

It isn't practical, I know. We must do things we don't love. I know. But the biggest and proudest parts should be about uncontainable love and joy, right? They should.

They will, rather.

{too bad the video is taking toooo long to upload and i am not patient today.
then you could see him too. ok fine i'll keep trying.}

8 thought{s}:

  1. Yes. Awesome. Agreed. Do what you love and it makes other peoples hearts get bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I know what you mean Joshua Radin, I know what that feels like to have grand things inside of you and shake and cry because you can't contain them." - i absolutely love that + it resonated with me so much!

    i just came across your blog + love it. i will definitely be coming back!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happy, that joy, that passion, it hung in the stuffy air at the Bluebird. I held it and squeezed it in my hands.


    You are just so beautiful with words, I can't help but fall in love with whatever I'm reading when I come across your blog. I TOTALLY know how this all feels too. You went to Colorado to go see him? I am going to California in two weeks to see the Rocket Summer because I feel the same way about him. And it makes me happy. And so does your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you seriously wrote this brilliantly! I think we all- at one point or another- know how this feels!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some concerts are so moving...I love it when that happens. You write beautifully about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes.
    I am happy that you found what you love and I found what I love.

    And even if our careers are not,
    blogging is right?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good words...i really like your blog! its very full...full of wonderful thoughts! very meaningful!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger