merci.

posted on: October 16, 2009

When I have children, I will:

1. Help them write thank you letters for all of the little things.

That's the whole list right now. Well there are more things, but that is the pertinent part. I think thank-you notes are kind of perfect. Everyone likes to be thanked. Everyone likes mail. Everyone should be grateful. Really, it's a win-win.
This weekend I plan on writing some thank-yous myself.
I hope yours is truly scrumptious too.

{earth-friendly smock}

5 thought{s}:

  1. Cute. I like getting thank you notes, they are such a nice idea. But I just finished helping my friend Lyndsey write like 300 from her wedding, and I think writing a few would be much preferred. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a god thing to teach your children. My mom never taught me, and so I have never been in the habit to. Then I feel guilt because I know that I should, but don't.

    I always tell myself that I will, and then never do. Then I don't trust myself. Now I will *probably* need to see a therapist for all of my issues with trusting myself (and most likely some mom issues in there too).

    You're really saving them a lot of unnecessary guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo important. my mom used to bug me endlessly about it, and now i'm so happy she did... it's one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will do the same with my children, also. my mother taught me how to write thank you cards, and who doesn't love getting mail?
    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger