like fabulous yellow roman candles

posted on: September 21, 2009

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."
--Jack Kerouac

I love those people--the burning sort.
And I'd really like to be one of them.
So please, what makes you burn?

9 thought{s}:

  1. People who make me laugh.

    and are silly.

    and are weird (the good sort of odd, not to uncomfortable weird).

    people who are passionate and have an opinion.

    people who LIVE their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good conversation with a friend or new friend.

    Photographs which capture a moment, a really special moment.

    Puppies.

    Writing--people who are passionate and use words in a new way.

    My family.

    My husband's curly hair. (It is outstanding!)

    What makes YOU burn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes me burn is totally rocking my art history exam today, and listening to Sam Cooke all day. Brittany! I am flattered! Thank you for the compliment...I hope you're my newest follower, because I'm totally yours.

    Good old FHE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack...what a character. I wish I were one of those people too. All the time at least. If i'm in the right mood I am ...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I came back to poke around and A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is my FAVORITE book. I am officially obsessed with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. being with people i love! great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that's great. art and people and loving and exploring--- all make me burn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. literature,
    fashion,
    traveling,
    food.

    and being in love i guess.

    what a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. reading something, or seeing something that someone else has made and knowing that they thought what you think too, and you know that there is someone else that understands the same truth as you and you want to yell "yes! yes! i know that too!" and your heart rings with the truth of their creation. or something like that. shoot

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger