i know that i have loved...

posted on: September 8, 2009

...and I know because of a very silly reason.

Last week, my writing professor talked about the things words can do. About the place writing has in the creative world. About the place writing has in every single one us, because we are human. And she wrote “the tree” on the whiteboard and told us to write for ten minutes. And I felt something very familiar. But something I’ve never felt very strongly in a classroom. I felt like my chest, my eyes, my mind, and my smile could not grow enough to match my happiness. I felt tears and laughter at the same time.

I felt love. How I love words and the things they do. I know I love writing.

So,

Hence,

Therefore,

I know that I have loved a few. Because I have felt that same feeling sitting in the grass, knee-to-knee. And I felt it in a smallish watermelon.

I have loved at least a little. I’m glad to finally know it.


{photo via paper tissue}

9 thought{s}:

  1. that's beautiful. you are extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "felt like my chest, my eyes, my mind, and my smile could not grow enough to match my happiness. I felt tears and laughter at the same time"

    wow! I know this feeling :)
    you're blog is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely a writer :)

    Loving and being loved is the most beautiful thing there is. Martin Luther King Jr. said "Love is somehow the key that unlocks the door that leads to ultimate reality" and I think he was so right.

    Beautiful post, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just loved this so much.

    I am taking Creative Writing in Hawaii.
    Let's keep sharing these things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt that same thing in the 7th grade when I wrote 300 page stories about a boyband who I was obsessed with. Just thought you should know.

    ps. I will never get sick of coming here. I love everything you write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful. i'm an english major too... you're an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow britt. your a great writer. i loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. i left you a present at roed book ;)
    have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger