sytycd taught me something that i probably already knew.

posted on: July 9, 2009


I used to do this.
For many, many years.
And many, many hours.
But then I didn't anymore.
And it felt a little like someone screwed a tight cap on my lungs.
Like that pulsing organ left my fingertips for my unoriginal chest.
Like rhythms could not beat.

And I thought avoiding this altogether would be just fine.

But I am still, I think, one of these.
And I may visit this again in the fall.
I'll let you know.

{sytycd: watch it!!!}
{photo by kyle froman}

8 thought{s}:

  1. I like your blog! You write a lot of lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be so well-rounded. an excellent writer, and i'm sure, an excellent dancer. take it up! i'm sure you're magnificent :)

    Ps. i think (although I never pursued it) that i could have been a dancer, and sometimes i wish i would have... but my ipod, short shorts, and living room end up making a great place for me to dance when no one is around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be one of those too...

    and boy do I miss it, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same way! I hated it while I danced but now my body craves it! Thanks for visiting my blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I adore your blog! This is a beautiful picture and I also love SYTYCD. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing picture.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.
    first post i read and you're amazing.
    i praaaaaaaaay you dance again.
    it is the most amazing thing a person can do with their body.
    besides having a baby.
    and maybe eating a cheese sandwich.
    thanks for saying hi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can i join the used to be but not anymore and i really miss it club?

    ReplyDelete

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger