Me and all my friends

posted on: June 4, 2008

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Who shall set a limit to the influence of a human being?"
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
I used to think I loved John Mayer’s “Waiting On the World to Change.” And while I still linger in the shallow throatiness that is his voice, I don’t agree anymore. What kind of world would we be living in if George Washington had just waited a few hours to cross the Delaware? If Abraham Lincoln waited for the mounting conflict between the North and South to sort itself out? So why wait? Yes, we’re small and yes, our names and thoughts don’t mean much to anyone. But if we only move, the world will be moved. Changed. I’m convinced that waiting won’t help. Make the world change. It is our world. Ours for the changing. Now.

0 thought{s}:

Post a Comment

She's a piratey soul, full a' vinegar and glitter.

THE LIFE OF B All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger